If it wasn't for online resources, I wouldn't be sewing myself! (Not that I seem to be doing much sewing recently...) There are so many great free patterns and tutorials out there, not to mention all the wonderful people willing to give you a hand if you ask. So far in my short sewing life, I have:
- Used Casey's tutorial for shaped pockets on a skirt
- Made a Sorbetto top from a free pattern
- Won some awesome leopard print chiffon from Suzy Sewing
- Won a bunch of goodies from All the Whimsical Things (Including some green dye that I put to use recently... results will be posted tomorrow!)
- Made a croquis after being inspired by a whole bunch of brave bloggers!
And that list doesn't include all the wonderful things I'm planning to make! A frock by friday, Casey's circle skirt and sundress tutorials, Gertie's gathered skirt tutorial... the list goes on. I only wish I had more time to appreciate all these amazing resources!!!
But for now I'm off to do a form of the less enjoyable sewing (to me anyway!) - I'm hemming curtains. 4 giant velvet curtains. Wish me luck!
What are you Sew Grateful for this week?