Friday, 16 March 2012

My Sewing Circle



Everyone has heard of My Sewing Circle by now, right?

It is basically a sewing community similar to Burdastyle, but more flexible - you can upload your fabric and pattern stashes, and use it to plan projects, as well as display completed ones. I made myself a page, and am about halfway into upload pictures of my fabric stash. Another website to distract me from doing any actual sewing! :P
I have also put in a few planned projects, and I think I'm really liking the concept of this site. They just need to iron out a few kinks, but I'm sure it will get better as it gets more popular!

In other news, thanks to Rhonda for showcasing my blog! I am by no means an accomplished pianist though - my husband is the one that plays!!

And have I been doing any sewing? Well, I hemmed 4 giant maroon velvet curtains, and helped my brother make a giant banner for his hall of residence.... and I am halfway through my polka-dot maroon dress... still! Haha. I do intend to finish it shortly though, and then hopefully whip up something for the Sew Weekly Pantone challange... maybe using this (Hello Kitty ruler for scale!):



I think that looks like some Sweet Lilac, Margarita and Starfish, don't you??



And don't be jealous, but I totally have a fabric in Tangerine Tango....

2 comments:

  1. Regardless of whether or not you play, you are still incredible! It was fun to go through your blog and see all of your wonderful creations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I used to have that same Hello Kitty ruler.

    I am checking out My Sewing Circle as we speak! I'm currently using Pinterest to organise some of my thoughts and inspiration aroung sewing and a google doc to keep track of my stash. It could be nice to have one tool! Can't wait to see your upcoming projects :)

    ReplyDelete