Wheeeee, I'm back!
Sorry to have been missing for so long, I don't even have a good excuse, except that life got in the way! :) But I have some fun things planned, so lets get back into the swing of it with a review of life right now!
I finally finished my Butterick 6730 dress, also known as the "Drive Me Dotty" dress. Remember that one? Here is a sneak peek, I hope to get some better photos soon!
Next in the pipeline? I'm hoping to finish my smocked/pleated top soon, using a combination of the Colette Sorbetto pattern and Casey's sundress tutorial for the straps. I'm thinking of using black bias binding to finish it off, this is what I hope it will (somewhat!) resemble when I'm finished:
After that, I hope to get started on sewing my way through the Colette Sewing Handbook. I have a plan, and most of my fabric picked out for each project, I'll share all my scheming soon!
In the meantime, here are some interesting and inspiring things I've stumbled upon this week:
- Have you sewn a dress for someone besides yourself before? What about a bridesmaid's dress, for someone you'd never met, who lived on the other side of the world from you? 'Coz that's just what Rachel from My Messings did!
- Loving this yellow Burda Style top from Bernie and I! And talking of cute tops, check out Sue's awesome polka dot blouse on Sewin' Steady!
- Looking to tidy up your fabric stash? Miss P has a great suggestion, and tidier fabric stash = more room for fabric!!
- The Coletterie provided a tutorial for some seriously cute pocket detailing. And Sew Vera Venus shows us how to add some pizazz to darts!
- Have you heard of Cake Patterns? Wanna be a pattern tester, or help name the pattern model? See here!! And for more blogger-turned-pattern-designer goodness, check out Gertie's new designs for Butterick! (If you haven't already!)
- And just because I thought they were so beautiful, check out these photographs commissioned by Cartier.
Enjoy the rest of the weekend, and see you next week, I have something fun to share!