This week I finally got around to posting my "Drive Me Dotty" dress, and have progressed on to working on my yet-to-be-named top, the polka-dot sorbetto with the smocking. I have basted the pleats in place, and printed out a new sorbetto pattern so I can draft the straps à la Casey's sundress. Then it's just a matter of cutting it out, sewing it up, and finding some seam binding to use! Hope to have more progress for you next week!
And now for some pieces that caught my eye this week:
- Another great tutorial from the Coletterie this week: creating a basket weave inset
- Melanie has me completely envious of her blazer. I pledge I WILL learn to tailor one day!!
- And have you seen Oona's latest dress? No. Words.
- Meanwhile, Sew Brunswick has posted her me-made Autumn and Winter wardrobe. I think I need to planning for Spring and Summer!!! Are you planning next season's wardrobe?
- If you are, why not check some of Sewaholic's patterns? Tasia is having a moving sale!!
- Alternatively, clean out your stash and swap for some new patterns - the Perfect Nose has started her list of participants for the Patterns and Postcards swap! I will be participating - stay tuned for my swap post!!
- And, to tempt your taste buds, who wouldn't love this for dessert tonight??
See you next week, I'm busy taking photos of all my swap-able patterns and magazines, hope to share them with you soon!