Monday, 29 October 2012

Finished Project - Black Swan costume!


Just a quick post with the only sewing I have done recently - a costume for a soiree I attended this weekend! The theme was 'A Celebration of Dance!'



I decided on Thursday night I wanted to come as the Black Swan, based on the costume from the recent movie. I bought 8m of tulle and got sewing!!



The tutu is 8 layers of gathered tulles, sewn on to a pair of underwear! The first 4 were sewn on by machine, but I got worried it wouldn't manage well with the rest so I sewed the last ones on by hand! I found an old black bodysuit, and with some feathers and rhinestones, I was all set!


I ended up taking home the prize for best dressed, too :)


Unfortunately I have to go back to exam study now.... but on the 12th November, I will sit my last exam for my degree, and on the 26th, I will start full-time work for the first time, after 19 years of education :)


While I'm here, a quick thanks to everyone who participated in the Patterns and Postcards swap with me!! It was a whole lot of fun, and I hope you all enjoy your new pattens and magazines. I know I will!

Now wish me luck for my exams, and I will see you on the other side!!!! :D

7 comments:

  1. What a wonderful costume. You deserved first place. Very inventive and you look just like the character in the movie.
    Good luck with your exams!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The costume looks marvelous!! All of that tulle is fantastic - I can see why you won best dressed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous costume! And good luck with the rest of your exams!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great costume! I have exams too... finish on 13 Nov but one semester left - however I'm 50! Good luck with your exams... breathe! Congratulations on with your job too. First time I have seen your blog - very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is awesome and congratulations on the costume win as well! Are you coming for Poppykettle's high tea?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Noooo, it sounds really fun but I am away that weekend unfortunately, so I won't be there :(

      Delete
  6. That costume is just fantastic! I love it!

    ReplyDelete